Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Waistcoats & Weaponry by Gail Carriger


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine which spotlights eagerly anticipated upcoming releases!

Gail Carriger's books are always incredibly fun to read and her quirkiness shines in the Finishing School series. I finished Etiquette & Espionage and Curtsies & Conspiracies not too long ago, and I have to say this is the most entertaining series I've read this year! I can't wait to see what Sophronia and her friends get up to in Waistcoats & Weaponry. Steampunk inventions, espionage, werewolves, adventures, and more - what else could a reader want? :)

And just FYI, the audiobook editions of this series (narrated by Moira Quirk) are fantastic.

Waistcoats and Weaponry Cover Title: Waistcoats & Weaponry
Series: Finishing School, Book 3
Author: Gail Carriger
Genre: YA Steampunk
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Release Date: November 4, 2014
Gail Carriger Reading Order

Book Description (from Goodreads):
Class is back in session...

Sophronia continues her second year at finishing school in style--with a steel-bladed fan secreted in the folds of her ball gown, of course. Such a fashionable choice of weapon comes in handy when Sophronia, her best friend Dimity, sweet sootie Soap, and the charming Lord Felix Mersey stowaway on a train to return their classmate Sidheag to her werewolf pack in Scotland. No one suspected what--or who--they would find aboard that suspiciously empty train. Sophronia uncovers a plot that threatens to throw all of London into chaos and she must decide where her loyalties lie, once and for all.

Gather your poison, steel tipped quill, and the rest of your school supplies and join Mademoiselle Geraldine's proper young killing machines in the third rousing installment in the New York Times bestselling Finishing School Series by steampunk author, Gail Carriger.

4 comments:

Holly said...

Oh, I still need to read this series! They just sound so good!

Thanks for stopping by My WOW! :)

The Book Rogue said...

This series doesn't sound like it's for me, but I heard it has a lot of fans. I hope you'll enjoy!
My WoW

Grace Fonseca said...

I still need to read the first two books in this series. The covers are great though. Awesome pick.

Grace @ Books of Love

Anonymous said...

I need to read all of Gail Carriger's books still. I've heard they're awesome!

Here's my WoW pick for this week :D