Thursday, January 2, 2014

Best Books of 2013

Every year I like to take stock of what I’ve read and pick out the best of the best. In 2013 I didn’t read quite as many books as I normally do, but that doesn’t mean I let my Kindle and bookcases get dusty. I read 212 books, read stories from 84 new (to me) authors, and participated in my fourth A to Z Reading Challenge. I read a ton of fantastic stories this year, but I did manage to narrow the list down. So without further ado, here are my picks for the best of 2013:

Wit and Sin Best Books of 2013

Top Thirteen Books of 2013
Top Re-Reads of 2013
Honorable Mentions

My Top Thirteen Books of 2013

Note: Not necessarily all published in 2013 but all were new-to-me reads
Also note: The books are alphabetized by title as I love them all equally

Adulting Cover 1. Adulting: How to Become a Grown-up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps by Kelly Williams Brown
My Review | Buy Link





Angels Fall Cover 2. Angels Fall by Nora Roberts
Buy Link






Bound by Night Cover 3. Bound by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampires, Book 1) by Larissa Ione
My Review | Buy Link





Decadence Cover 4. Decadence (Emerald Valley, Book 1.5) by Riley Shane
Buy Link






Grave Mercy Cover 5. Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, Book 1) by Robin LaFevers
My Review | Buy Link






Her Ladyships Curse Cover 6. Her Ladyship’s Curse (Disenchanted & Co., Book 1, Part 1) by Lynn Viehl
My Review | Buy Link





The Luckiest Lady in London Cover 7. The Luckiest Lady in London by Sherry Thomas
My Review | Buy Link






The Reason I Jump Cover 8. The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism by Naoki Higashida
Buy Link





Rockys Road Cover 9. Rocky’s Road by Lynley Wayne
Buy Link






Trust in Me Cover 10. Trust in Me (Rancho del Cielo, Book 5) by Dee Tenorio
My Review | Buy Link






A Very Personal Trainer Cover 11. A Very Personal Trainer by Justine Elyot
My Review | Buy Link






Winterblaze Cover 12. Winterblaze (Darkest London, Book 3) by Kristen Callihan
My Review | Buy Link






With This Kiss Part One Cover 13. With This Kiss: Part One by Eloisa James
My Review | Buy Link







My Top Re-Reads of 2013


Bed Breakfast and Bondage Cover 1. Bed, Breakfast and Bondage (Emerald Valley, Book 1) by Riley Shane
Buy Link





Conspiracy in Death Cover 2. Conspiracy in Death (In Death, Book 8) by J.D. Robb
Buy Link






He Loves Lucy Cover 3. He Loves Lucy by Susan Donovan
Buy Link






The Phantom Tollbooth Cover 4. The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
Buy Link






Purity in Death Cover 5. Purity in Death (In Death, Book 15) by J.D. Robb
Buy Link






Christmas in Lucky Harbor Cover 6. Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, Book 1) by Jill Shalvis
My Review | Buy Link






Victorian Valentine Cover 7. Victorian Valentine by Riley Shane
Buy Link







Honorable Mentions

These books barely missed making the top thirteen list but they’re excellent.

The Battle for Galerir Cover 1. The Battle for Galerir (The Galerir Saga, Book 1) by Anna Lee
Buy Link






The Big Book of Orgasms Cover 2. The Big Book of Orgasms anthology
Buy Link






Entwined Cover 3. Entwined (Darkest London, Book 3.5) by Kristen Callihan
My Review | Buy Link






Ghosts of Bourbon Street Cover 4. Ghosts of Bourbon Street by Rowan Speedwell
Buy Link






Learning to Live Cover 5. Learning to Live by Diana DeRicci
Buy Link






A Life Interrupted Cover 6. A Life Interrupted by Lynley Wayne
Buy Link






Marine Biology Cover 7. Marine Biology by Gail Carriger
Buy Link

0 comments: