Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Best Books of 2012

2012 was a pretty good year in Reading Land and it’s fun to once again look back at what I read and single out my favorite books and authors of the year.

Number of books I read:216
Number of new-to-me authors whose books I read: 59
Other challenges I participated in: A to Z Reading Challenge
Favorite authors of 2012: C.C. Galloway, Larissa Ione, J.D. Robb, Nora Roberts, Riley Shane, and Dee Tenorio
Favorite new-to-me authors of 2012: Louisa Edwards and Abigail Roux

Now comes the fun part - taking stock and picking the best of the best. I read a lot of great books this year that it was hard to categorize this part:

My Top Twenty Books of 2012 (new-to-me-books)
My Top Re-Reads of 2012
Honorable Mentions

My Top Twenty Books of 2012

Note: Not necessarily all published in 2012 but all were new-to-me reads
Also note: The books are alphabetized by title as I love them all equally

10 Ways to Steal Your Lover Cover 1. 10 Ways to Steal Your Lover (Love By Numbers, Book 1) by Dee Tenorio
My Review | Buy Link





Bed Breakfast and Bondage Cover 2. Bed, Breakfast and Bondage (Emerald Valley, Book 1) by Riley Shane
Buy Link






Boris and Bella Cover 3. Boris and Bella by Carolyn Crimi (illustrations by Gris Grimly)
Buy Link






Bound Hearts Cover 4. Bound Hearts (Portland Tide, Book 2) by C.C. Galloway
My Review | Buy Link






The Card Cover 5. The Card by George Seaton
Buy Link







Family Cover 6. Family by Lynley Wayne
Buy Link






Family Is Forever Cover 7. Family Is Forever by Anna Lee
Buy Link






Forever and a Day Cover 8. Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, Book 6) by Jill Shalvis
My Review | Buy Link






The Good Life Cover 9. The Good Life by Diana DeRicci
Buy Link






The Gravediggers Brawl Cover 10. The Gravedigger’s Brawl by Abigail Roux
My Review | Buy Link






In the Penalty Box Cover 11. In the Penalty Box (Seattle Marauders, Book 2) by Riley Shane
Buy Link






Lord of Darkness Cover 12. Lord of Darkness (Maiden Lane, Book 5) by Elizabeth Hoyt
My Review | Buy Link






The Perfect Gift Cover 13. Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift (Highland Pleasures, Book 4.5) by Jennifer Ashley
My Review | Buy Link






The Prince of Galerir Cover 14. The Prince of Galerir (The Galerir Saga, Book 1) by Anna Lee
Buy Link






Rogue Rider Cover 15. Rogue Rider (Lords of Deliverance, Book 4) by Lairssa Ione
My Review | Buy Link






Rules Are Made to Be Broken Cover 16. Rules Are Made to Be Broken (Lines of Marsden, Book 1) by N.J. Nielsen
Buy Link






Soulless Manga Vol 1 Cover 17. Soulless: The Manga, Vol. 1 by Gail Carriger
Buy Link






Three Schemes and a Scandal Cover 18. Three Schemes and a Scandal (Writing Girls, Book 3.5) by Maya Rodale
My Review | Buy Link






Victorian Valentine Cover 19. Victorian Valentine by Riley Shane
Buy Link






The Virgins Revenge Cover 20. The Virgin’s Revenge (Rancho del Cielo, Book 4) by Dee Tenorio
My Review | Buy Link








My Top Re-Reads of 2012


Conspiracy in Death Cover 1. Conspiracy in Death (In Death, Book 8) by J.D. Robb
Buy Link






Glory in Death Cover 2. Glory in Death (In Death, Book 2) by J.D. Robb
Buy Link






The Lady Most Likely Cover 3. The Lady Most Likely… by Julia Quinn, Connie Brockway, and Eloisa James
My Review | Buy Link






Naked  in Death Cover 4. Naked in Death (In Death, Book 1) by J.D. Robb
Buy Link






The Next Always Cover 5. The Next Always (Inn Boonsboro, Book 1) by Nora Roberts
Buy Link






Purity in Death Cover 6. Purity in Death (In Death, Book 15) by J.D. Robb
Buy Link







Honorable Mentions

These books barely missed making the top twenty list but they’re excellent.

Born to Be Wild Cover 1. Born to Be Wild (Welcome to Paradise, Book 3) by Elle Kennedy
My Review | Buy Link






Christmas Hopes Cover 2. Christmas Hopes by Anna Lee
Buy Link






Loving Him Cover 3. Loving Him
Buy Link






Masque of the Red Death Cover 4. Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin
Buy Link







Too Hot to Touch Cover 5. Too Hot to Touch (Rising Star Chef, Book 1) by Louisa Edwards
My Review | Buy Link






Wicked Appetite Cover 6. Wicked Appetite (Lizzy & Diesel, Book 1) by Janet Evanovich
Buy Link

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't see one author on your blog that I think you might like: Rebecca Hagan Lee. I suggest starting with Barely a Bride.

Kimberly said...

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to check her out :)