Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Review: Wanna Do Bad Things With You by Shelley Munro

Wanna Do Bad Things With You by Shelley Munro
Publisher: Ellora's Cave
Genre: Erotic Contemporary Male/Male Romance Wanna Do Bad Things With You Cover
ISBN: 9781419934704
Blue Ribbon Rating: 4 out of 5
Original Review Link
Book Purchase Link

Ty Hamlin has been raised to do one thing; play rugby. Ty has got the talent to make it all the way to New Zealand’s national rugby team. Lately though, Ty’s lost his drive. And when openly gay rugby player Darcy Nichols joins the team, Ty begins to fear the ever-present eyes of the press. Because Ty has a secret, one not even his family or girlfriend knows – he’s gay, and he wants his new roommate with a passion that could cause him to lose focus and ruin his chances at moving up the ranks.

I admit, I snatched up WANNA DO BAD THINGS WITH YOU solely because I knew it involved rugby. To my absolute delight, Shelley Munro clearly knows the sport and brings the game to life in a way that will engage both rugby fans and those unfamiliar with the game. Rugby romances are a rarity, but I’ll forgo my excitement over that part of the story and focus instead on the two sexy heroes at the forefront of WANNA DO BAD THINGS WITH YOU. Ty and Darcy are dedicated rugby players who work their butts off and don’t ever expect to be handed anything. I admired their hard working natures and pragmatic attitude. What’s more, I respected Darcy, an openly gay player, for how he handles ignorance and homophobia. And while Ty may be the closeted one of the pair, he always stands up for Darcy. Of the two men, Ty is the one who changes the most over the course of the book, as he comes into his own. Watching his transformation was a true pleasure, and I cheered for him and Darcy to take their relationship from friends to lovers to something more permanent.

WANNA DO BAD THINGS WITH YOU is seduction, sex and sports all rolled into one entertaining story. I adored Ty and Darcy’s story, and I can’t wait to read more of Ms. Munro’s work.


Note: My review was written for Romance Junkies and is cross-posted here with permission from Romance Junkies.

0 comments: